This week seemed never-ending, yet also seemed to fly by! It also had the strangest weather fluctuations, as we had two days where it was about 70, but this morning it’s freezing and snowing. It worked perfectly withmy posting schedule though, as I just so happened to have this post where I’m wearing the cutest pair of winter boots planned for today!
My boots are actually almost half-off right now, and are such a classic and versatile style that they’re a great buy to get you through the rest of this winter and the next few winters! If you’re not familiar with Sorel, they’re a footwear brand that makes incredibly high quality and stylish shoes, from boots, to sneakers, to sandals. Their speciality is boots though, and I love the wedge silhouette that many of their boots have. They elongate your legs and add a few inches to your frame, while still being incredibly practical! It was love at first sight when I saw these sleek taupe suede and black leather ones! Their boots don’t go on sale too often, so late winter is definitely the time to snag a pair if you don’t want to pay full price!
But! This post is not actually about my boots! It’s not even about my extremely cozy sweater which is on on sale for under $20 right now, and comes in 3 other lovely colors. (Such a great deal, right?) This post is actually about my jacket!
Leather jackets are one of my favorite pieces of outerwear, and are an essential in any wardrobe! They’re perfect for literally every season of the year, save maybe the very middle of summer. But even during summer, they’re great for throwing on in the mornings or evenings when the temps drop a bit and it gets a little breezy, and they’ll go perfectly with a pair of distressed jean shorts! In the fall, they’re good for throwing on when a winter coat is just too heavy. In winter, they’re a great layer to wear under a big coat, and can be kept on in places like malls, where a coat is too much but a layer is still wanted. And even in spring, they’re a just the layer for those days where winter is hanging on, and they’re also perfect for toning down some of the more feminine spring styles. Don’t get me wrong, I love wearing feminine styles like ruffles, pearls, florals, and pink. However, too much of those things can make you look like you shopped in the girls section at Target. The older you get, the more that is something to consider when reaching for feminine styles. Leather jackets are a bit more masculine and edgy, so they’re perfect for pairing with something like a pink ruffled dress, to keep you looking feminine, yet also classy, smart, and sophisticated.
Leather jackets worn over feminine pieces look amazing, but that is not the only way to style a leather jacket… In case you’re still on the fence about investing one, and aren’t sure if you’d get enough use out of it (or you need a little inspo on how to style one you’ve already got), I’ve rounded up my top 15 favorite ways to style a leather jacket:
1) Over a Feminine, Floral Dress (I know, we covered this, but I’m OCD so it needed to be on the list 😉 )
2) Over Jeans and a White Tee With any Footwear, Really
3) Over a LBD (Little Black Dress) with Strappy Heels
4) Over a Hoodie with Distressed Skinny Jeans and Loafers
5) Over a Black Fitted Tee with Black/Grey Jeans and Black Boots
6) Over a Graphic Tee with Distressed Boyfriend Jeans and Sneaks
7) Over a Silk Lacy Cami tucked into Skinny Jeans with Pumps
8) Over a Thin, Loose Tee with Black Leather Leggings and Black Leather Boots
9) Over a Chunky Turtleneck or Mock Turtleneck Sweater with Jeans and Winter Boots
10) Over a Crewneck Sweater with Black Distressed Skinny Jeans
11) Over a Silky Slip Dress with OTK Boots
12) Over a Striped or Patterned Tee with a Statement Necklace
13) Over a Fitted Shirt Tucked into a Shorter Jean or Corduroy Skirt with Ankle Boots
14) Over a Ruffley Top with Black Denim and Black Pumps
15) Over a Black Body Suit Tucked into a Back Pencil Skirt with Black Pointed Ankle Boots
The options really are endless, and if you want even more ideas, or just want to see more visuals than just the photos of the outfit I’ve shared today, head to and follow me on on my Pinterest account! I’ve pinned so many cute looks, including dozens of ones involving leather jackets!
I’ve also linked some great leather jackets for you right here if you’re now convinced you need one in your wardrobe, and if you scroll down to the bottom of this post, you can find all my outfit details. I hope you guys have a great rest of your Friday, and as always, feel free to leave a comment below if you liked this post and want to see more like it!