-8 Style Hacks for Looking Slimmer and Taller-
Happy Monday loves! I’m currently halfway through New York Fashion Week (NYFW) and loving it! (while also wishing I could have one night where I get enough sleep 😉 ) It has once again left me excited about what I do and inspired to create even better looks and content for you guys, while also pushing my boundaries a bit! I can’t wait to have time to go back through all of the photos and such and start doing recaps for you guys!
But today’s post actually has nothing to do with NYFW, although I definitely have used a few of these hacks here and there! Today I’m sharing some of my style hacks for looking slimmer and taller! They’re pretty easy to do, and give that extra bit of help we sometimes need after a weekend of a bit more yummy food than we meant to have!
1) Wear the Same Color Pants and Shoes – This is one of my favorite hacks, as it slims and elongates your legs. It also looks incredibly chic, in my opinion!
2) Wear Black – This is a more commonly known one, and it definitely helps to make you appear slimmer. Most dark colors will have the same effect! Black is one of my favorite colors to wear, so you don’t have to tell me twice!
3) Wear Heels – If you don’t feel like wearing the same color shoes and pants, at least opt for a shoe with a heel. Extra height = longer legs = looking slimmer!
4) Top an Outfit With a Long Duster or Cardigan – One easy way to streamline your outfit, making you look a bit taller and slimmer is to add a long piece on top! So easy and effective!
5) Wear Skinny Jeans with an Oversized Sweater – I was living in this sweater after Christmas! A long, oversized sweater will hide your hips and stomach, and sometimes even your thighs, which is wear many of us carry those extra lbs.
6) Balance Oversized Clothing with Fitted Pieces – This is why #4 works so well, but that’s just one way of having an outfit’s components work to your slimming advantage! Tastefully pairing one or two oversized pieces with fitted pieces usually leads to a flattering and slimming look! An example would be a big skirt or bell bottoms with a fitted, tucked in shirt, or skinny jeans and a loose cami topped with a long, loose duster or blazer.
7) Wear Long Bell Bottoms – This is one I’ve just started doing more recently and now love! Pants that are long and wide at the bottom are great for making your waist look smaller and legs look longer, especially if you wear heels and the pants almost hide them!
8) Wear the Correct Size Clothing – This might seem like a no-brainer, but so many time people (I’ve been guilty of this as well!) end up taking a size smaller than then should, thinking it will be slimming, or they’ll loose weight, or whatever. Tight clothes can make you seem bigger than you are though, and can accentuate things you want to hide! If in doubt, size up!
Do you use any of these tips to look slimmer, or even have your own?? I’d love to hear if you do, or if you try any of these! Let me know in the comments below!